Position: Vice President of Development
Reports to: CEO
Summary: MdBio Foundation has an exciting opportunity for an experienced development leader to provide oversight and execution of a fundraising program for a fast growing and dynamic organization. Reporting to and in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, the VP of Development will spearhead development efforts as MdBio Foundation continues to grow. This position works to establish long-term partnerships, strengthen existing relations and initiate new contacts across the corporate and foundation sector.
- Collaborate with CEO, Board of Directors and staff to create and implement a fund development plan which increases revenue to support the strategic direction of MdBio
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Identify corporate and foundation prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential
- Develop, manage, and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for donations, grants, and sponsorships.
- Grants management: research, prepare, submit, steward, and report
- Publicly represent MdBio Foundation with the media and external constituency groups including community, government, corporations, and foundations to build support for the mission.
- Work with MdBio education staff for updates, program needs, and to coordinate site visits
- Regularly collaborate across the foundation to plan and coordinate grant-seeking efforts in support of identified priorities
- Liaise with the board of directors and provide bi-monthly department reports
- Develop printed and digital materials
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing for varied proposal development
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices, and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations.
- Travel throughout Maryland with possible overnight stays is required.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Must have at least 5 years of direct development experience
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- A demonstrated passion for STEM education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and fundraising donor databases
- Preference will be given to candidates with successful corporate and/or foundation experience
- Willing to travel domestically as needed
MdBio Foundation believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or marital status.
MdBio Foundation offers a competitive salary and many benefits to its employees, including paid leave, health insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.