Join us at one of five events across the state to get a sneak peek of the MXLab plus a hands-on teacher professional development activity for your classroom.
- March 1, 2017 | Cambridge-South Dorchester High School (Dorchester County)
- March 28, 2017 | Marriotts Ridge High School (Howard County)
- May 24, 2017 | Middletown HS (Frederick County). Can’t make the Western Maryland event? Come see us at the Western MD STEM festival on May 6 in Frostburg!
- Date Coming Soon | Baltimore area location TBD
- Date Coming Soon | Prince George’s County location TBD
Preview the MXLab and learn about science, technology, and engineering activities in development for the 2017/2018 school year.
5:00 – 6:00 PM | Teacher Workshop
Take deeper dive into human genetics and sickle cell disease with MdBio’s Mystery of the Crooked Cell activity. MdBio’s educators will demonstrate the lab activity, and discuss how to implement this content in your classroom and align with NGSS standards. The first 25 teachers to register for each workshop will receive a kit with reagents and supplies to teach the lab in their classroom.