STEM Voice™ Video Competition
The STEM Voice™ Video Competition is a nationwide opportunity for students in grades 5 – 12 to explore the importance of STEM. The competition encourages you to be creative and use video to show how much you love STEM. Act it out, create an animation, sing it, but make sure it is appropriate for all ages.
One semifinalist from middle school (grades 5-8), one semifinalist from high school (grades 9-12), and one semifinalist from the new Group category will be selected from each of the three regions. One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from each of the semifinalist categories.
Entries will be accepted until May 22, 2017, 11:59PM PST.
The STEM Voice™ Video Competition is managed by the Coalition of State Bioscience Institutes, CSBI, a group of non-profits focused on life sciences education, entrepreneurship and workforce development.
- Must be in grades 5 – 12 and under 18 years of age
- Middle school contest is for students in grades 5-8; high school contest is for students in grades 9-12
- United States legal resident
- Cannot be related to employees of STEM Voice™ Video Competition
Enter the Competition
- Step 1: Be Creative Tell us why STEM is important to you – OR – who your STEM hero is and why. Also you must include in your video what STEM is – OR – explore the interdisciplinary nature of STEM.
- Step 2: Create your video! Your video will be availble on the CSBI website after uploading. Videos over 60 seconds will receive a score of zero, so make sure you’re under a minute! No group submissions will be accepted due to prize configuration. Only MP4 or MOV files will be acceptected for the competition. No PowerPoint presentations or online video from sites such as YouTube will be accepted.
- Step 3: Complete the application and upload your video The application is required for all submissions. Please fill out the form with a parent or legal guardian – they will need to consent to a multimedia release and accept the terms and conditions. Once we receive your video, we will add it to our playlist housed at the Coalition of State Bioscience Institutes (CSBI) website.
Regional Competitions - SEMIFINALS
- East Coast Competition Includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee QUESTIONS? MdBio Foundation, Ali Main Email
- Central Competition Includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, Kentucky, Mississippi QUESTIONS? iBIO Institute EDUCATE Center, Ann Reed Vogel Email
- West Coast Competition Includes Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington) QUESTIONS? Biocom Institute, Liisa Bozinovi Email
Video length: 60 seconds
Video formats: MP4 or MOV
The fine print: Videos over 60 seconds will receive a score of zero, so make sure you’re under a minute! Only MP4 or MOV files will be accepted. No PowerPoint presentations or online video from sites such as YouTube will be accepted.